KING PENG STUDIO ASSIGNMENTS – 1WEEK TIME
Character Design Assignment – CONCEPT ARTIST
- no background (50% bluish grey background)
- the artwork needs to have line art (it doesn’t matter if it is uniform, free handed, made with a pen tool…) but it has to be a dark line art (preferably black, to avoid background overlaps and to have a common design key for all the elements). Note that the line art is not just to content the colour, it has to be expressive by itself too: the line art has to work WITHOUT the colour
- A layer/pass of flat colours. The artist has freedom to choose as long as the layer fit the theme/idea of their interpretation of the character
- the base colours need to be easily switchable. This doesn’t mean that it HAS to be a solid colour layer, but rather that they should try to keep the flat colours in their separate layers as much as possible
- shadow made with a solid colour layer (for photoshop, other programs refer to this layers as uniform colours for example) in a multiply blend mode. The shadow has to be blue tinted.
- A layer of highlights/details. This layer should be for creating the main lighting effects and cartoony highlights.
- A layer of colour dodge to add some FX/saturation/additional light
Animation Assignment – ANIMATOR
Create a sprite sheet of one of the character created in the Studio “join Us” advertisement
The animation can consist of one of the following action: